My evergreen tree is turning brown? What is causing this?
There are numerous diseases that are common in the Fort Worth area that infect evergreen trees. Below are two of the most dangerous fir tree diseases that tree care professionals frequently encounter.
- Seiridium Canker: With Leyland cypress being its host tree of choice, this lethal fungal pathogen targets numerous varieties of arborvitae that are mature and have suffered stress and wounds. Leyland cypress trees are prevalent throughout Fort Worth and the DFW metroplex and are often planted to create privacy areas. This deadly fungal nemesis spreads quickly by means of wind, splashing rain and water run-off. The infected tree will exhibit random brown branches strewn throughout green branches within the same tree. Arbor care experts call this visibly odd symptom “flagging”. Due to the fact that a tree will die from seiridium canker quickly, it is of utmost importance to contact an arborist that treats sick trees promptly if you notice brown branches on your evergreen tree.
- Pine Tip Blight: Tree care professionals in our area are aggressively battling this lethal fungal pathogen, as its spread is increasing rapidly throughout Fort Worth. It infects a vast assortment of fir tree varieties that are popular here in north Texas and targets mature trees that have suffered wounds and abrasions. New needle growth is stunted, turns brown and dies. Symptoms begin manifesting on the lower branches of the fir and proceed upward. Branches falling and tiny black specks on needles and pine cones develop as the disease progresses. If treatment is not administered quickly then the tree will be destroyed; therefore, contact a tree doctor immediately when you observe these destructive symptoms.
How do I know if my evergreen tree has A disease?
The experienced plant pathologist will assess the health status of your evergreen tree and complete a diagnosis report. The treatment needed will be administered by the tree care specialist in order to restore your tree’s health and vitality.
What can be done to eliminate the disease and keep my evergreen tree healthy?
Guarding the health of your trees is always the best means of disease prevention. The following are ways to eliminate evergreen diseases and protect the health of your fir trees.
- Remove Dead or Severely Diseased Trees: Ground debris, stumps and dead or severely diseased trees must be immediately removed carefully by an experienced tree removal service. This will eliminate the spores from your outdoor habitat and prevent destructive evergreen tree diseases from spreading throughout your outdoor residential grounds.
- Avoid Unintentional Wounding: Many lethal tree diseases invade trees that have been stressed, weakened and wounded. Wounds and abrasions can accidentally inflict trees by means of mowers, weed trimmers and shovels. The regular care of your residential outdoor habitat and your trees and plants should be entrusted to an experienced tree company. They will ensure that your trees do not suffer unintentional wounds from regular maintenance care procedures.
- Regularly-Scheduled Tree Pruning: Branches that are brown and infected must be pruned by a tree pruning service in order to prevent the disease from infiltrating the tree’s structure. Regularly-scheduled pruning will make certain that tree branches receive the adequate sunlight and air circulation that they require.
- Controlled Watering: Sprinkler systems that spray upward often leave excess water on tree foliage and throughout the outdoor environment. Fungal pathogens thrive in water and spread rapidly. Watering by means of soil drenching overseen and administered by an arbor care specialist will ensure that your trees receive the water they require and that there is no excess water and soil moisture present.
- Deep Root Fertilization: Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming that topical lawn fertilizer is adequate for their trees. It is not! With deep root fertilization, a highly-trained tree expert injects under pressure the specific nutrients the tree requires directly into its root zone. Soil aeration occurs from the injected oxygen and soil compaction is corrected. This important tree health care treatment increases the tree’s immunity and when administered annually the tree will be 95% more disease-resistant and develop a strong root structure.
- Continual Tree Health Care Maintenance Plan: Your trees are valuable investments and guarding their health is of prime importance. Healthy trees add beauty throughout your residential outdoor environment, provide relaxing shaded areas and increase your property value. The best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas will customize a continual tree and plant health care plan specifically for you. Arbor care professionals will see to it that your residential grounds always make you proud and that your trees remain in the best of health.