My trees look great and I want to make sure they stay that way. What can I do to protect their health?
Your trees are a valuable investment and the older your trees become, the more they increase in value. Healthy trees are not only statements within your outdoor residential environment but they increase the value of your property tremendously. Some of the following are what homeowners can do to guard the health of their trees.
- Entrust the care of your trees and plants to an experienced tree company: An experienced tree company has many years of experience and the extensive knowledge necessary to ensure that your trees remain healthy and strong. When protecting investments that are as valuable as your trees it is necessary to work with the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Enact an ongoing tree and plant health care maintenance program: Every person’s residence is unique. An arbor care professional will customize the continual tree and plant health program and outline a continual plan of action to ensure that your trees always remain healthy and free from destructive tree diseases and insect infestations.
- Regular Pruning: Tree foliage needs adequate sunlight and air circulation to thrive. Regularly-scheduled tree pruning by a tree pruning service ensures that your trees receive the sunlight they require.
- Avoid Unintentional Wounding: Many tree diseases and tree pests invade trees through wounds. Trees can be wounded unintentionally by mowers, weed trimmers or shovels. Always entrust the regular care of your outdoor residential grounds to a professional tree care service who will see to it that your trees do not incur wounds that make your trees susceptible to destructive pathogens.
Are there treatments that will protect my trees and boost their health?
Yes! There are many tree health care treatments which tree experts administer that will greatly increase the health and disease-resistance of your prized trees. The following treatments are amongst those that we strongly recommend.
- DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION: The proper fertilization of your trees is of key importance! A highly-specialized tree expert will determine the specific liquid minerals and nutrients your tree requires and inject them under pressure directly into the tree’s root zone. Homeowners often think that topical lawn fertilizer is adequate for their trees; however, that is not the case. The injected oxygen also eliminates damaging soil compaction. Trees that receive this valuable treatment annually are 95% less apt to develop diseases and they will produce a strong root structure.
- TREE HEALTH ASSESSMENT: The certified arborist closely examines the tree and determines if it is weak and vulnerable to tree diseases. The specific nutrients the tree requires to remain healthy will be determined and a tree evaluation report will be completed, enabling the arbor care professional to ensure the health of your tree is always protected.
- TREE GROWTH REGULATORS: Fast-growing and tall, mature trees require substantial root systems to support their structure. Tree growth regulators increase the root density and disease-resistance of trees. This important treatment lasts for five years and also increases the tree’s ability to withstand severe weather changes as is typical in Texas.
- SOIL AERATION: Compacted soil resulting from construction projects or high foot-traffic can greatly inhibit proper root growth. Soil aeration administered by an arbor care professional will ensure the tree’s root system is free to grow abundantly and that the trees and plants within your outdoor grounds receive the proper oxygen they require in order to be in optimum health.