Why are the branches on my trees dying?
Dead branches, branches falling and broken twigs are indicative of infection by a tree disease. Always entrust the care of your trees to an experienced tree company. ISA certified arborists and tree experts are highly experienced and knowledgeable and adhere to the standards of excellence that the International Society of Arboriculture is respected for. The devoted arbor care professionals will answer all of your questions and address all of your tree health care concerns.
What is causing the dead branches and branches off?
Unfortunately, there are many destructive tree diseases that are common throughout Fort Worth and the surrounding cities. The following diseases are incurable and inflict severe damage to trees.
- Sudden Oak Death: Targeting trees that have been damaged and have weak immune systems, this quick-spreading water mold pathogen infects oaks and numerous shade tree varieties. Sudden oak death (SOD) thrives in wet spring Texas weather and spreads quickly via winds and rain activity. Reduced foliage, spotted leaves and dead and broken branches indicate its invasion. This lethal organism will kill your tree quickly so do not delay in contacting a tree doctor when your tree appears unhealthy or is exhibiting the above-stated symptoms.
- Ganoderma: This aggressive, highly-complex fungal pathogen is commonly known as heart rot because it destroys a tree from the inside out. Trees infected with ganoderma can literally topple over and endanger life and property. Mushroom-shaped structures filled with excessive spores appear at the tree’s baseline and the tree will exhibit premature defoliation and dead branches, broken twigs and branches falling. An experienced plant pathologist should be contacted immediately and a diagnosis requested. The arbor care expert will provide a tree evaluation report. Call an arborist that treats sick trees right away when your tree is sick and you observe these symptoms or mushroom-like structures.
What should I do if my tree can’t be saved or is dead?
A tree removal service must immediately remove and destroy all dead and severely infected trees, ground debris and tree stumps from your outdoor grounds. This will prevent the disease from infiltrating your outdoor habitat and from spreading to your other trees. Tree removal is a dangerous and complicated process and only an experienced tree removal company is capable of correctly and safely accomplishing this task. Tree removal and land clearing experts are bonded and insured for your protection and use state-of-the-art equipment.
How do I protect my trees?
Entrust the care of your trees and residential outdoor environment to the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas. Your beautiful trees are highlights amongst your grounds, provide cooling shaded areas and greatly increase your property value. It is always best to take proactive measures and protect the health of your valuable living investments.
Deep root fertilization is a superior tree health treatment that increases the disease-resistance of your trees by 95% when it is administered annually. The highly-specialized tree expert injects under pressure the liquid minerals and nutrients the tree requires directly into its root zone. Soil aeration also occurs from the injected oxygen and soil compaction is corrected.
Regularly-scheduled pruning by a tree pruning service using sanitized equipment eliminates infected branches and prevents the infection from spreading throughout the tree’s structure. Overcrowded branches prevent adequate sunlight and air flow through the tree’s limbs. Scheduled pruning corrects these issues and guards the health of your trees.
Unintentional wounds and abrasions can damage a tree and its root system. This can be caused by mowers, weed trimmers and shovels. Always employ the services of arbor care professionals to oversee your regular lawn care maintenance and the planting of decorative plants and bedding plants. They will see to it that accidental wounds do not impair the health of your trees.
Contact an experienced tree company and schedule a complimentary consultation. The tree care experts will customize an ongoing tree and plant health care program designed exclusively for you. You will be freed of the worry and concern of maintaining the health of your trees and will have confidence in knowing that experienced arbor care experts will see to it that your trees are always beautiful and strong.
My Tree’s Leaves Are Turning Brown. Is My Tree Sick?
Yes, your tree is most likely infected with a tree disease. There are a number of tree ailments common in Fort Worth that cause tree foliage to turn brown. Call an experienced tree company and they will inform you as to the health condition of your tree.
What Tree Diseases Cause The Foliage to Turn Brown?
- Oak Wilt: This deadly fungal pathogen has had a negative impact throughout Fort Worth and the DFW metroplex. In Texas alone, oak wilt has destroyed millions of oak trees. Its preferred host tree is the statuesque Shumard red oak; however, this disease infects all oak varieties. The diseased tree will at first exhibit a thinning canopy and premature defoliation. The tree’s foliage will discolor and range in tones from yellows to dark brown. This tree destroyer will kill a tree in less than three months so do not delay in contacting an arborist that treats sick trees when you observe the above-mentioned symptoms or sense you have a sick tree.
- Anthracnose: Spreading easily in cool, damp early spring Texas weather, this complex fungal disease infects many popular shade tree varieties. Elm, maple and oak are but a few of the tree varieties that are targeted by anthracnose. The infected tree will first exhibit a thinning canopy and premature defoliation. Leaf deformities will ensue and tree foliage will become dried, shriveled, misshapen and range in color from tan to blackish-brown. Although anthracnose rarely kills a tree, its visible symptoms are highly undesirable. Early treatment is always best to prevent serious damage; therefore, call an arbor care professional promptly when you have a declining tree.
- Bacterial Leaf Scorch: There is no cure for this complex fungal pathogen that destroys many popular shade tree varieties. Bacterial leaf scorch is prevalent in Fort Worth and has negatively affected many trees in established residential neighborhoods. The diseased tree will develop necrosis of the leaves and premature defoliation. The foliage begins by turning brown along the edges and then the browning spreads until the leaves appear to have been burned. Contact a tree doctor immediately when you have an unhealthy tree or its foliage is browning.
How Do I Know If My Tree Has A Disease?
Call an experienced tree company and schedule a complimentary consultation. The arbor care professionals will attend to all of your questions and concerns. The experienced plant pathologist will examine your tree and provide you with a tree evaluation report. A highly-trained tree care expert will determine the treatment your tree requires and administer it so as to ensure your tree’s health is restored.
What Can I Do To Keep My Trees Healthy?
The sure way to guard the health of your trees is to entrust their care to the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas. Health-boosting treatments such as deep root fertilization are important to make certain your trees remain robust and strong. ISA certified arborists, tree doctors and arbor care professionals will customize an ongoing tree and plant health care maintenance program exclusively for you. You will be relieved of the unwanted costs of combating serious tree diseases, tree removal or tree replacement. Proactive measures are always best when it comes to protecting your valuable investments. The tree care specialists will provide your residential grounds and your trees with the care they need to remain beautiful and healthy.
The bark is falling off my tree. Why is this happening?
The bark can fall off your tree for various reasons. Serious tree diseases and tree pest infestations can inflict severe damage to your trees and cause the bark to fall off. On the other hand, natural factors such as the variety of the tree and tree growth are no issues of concern.
What tree diseases cause bark to fall off trees?
- Hypoxylon Canker: Fort Worth is experiencing a dramatic increase of infected trees targeted by this swift-spreading fungal pathogen. It invades all varieties of oak trees that are weak, stressed or wounded. The tree will at first exhibit premature defoliation, reduced growth and discolored leaves. As the disease worsens, crusty areas will develop on the tree’s bark and the bark will turn brownish-black and flake off. The tree is beyond saving at this point and it becomes a threat to life and property. Call an experienced tree company immediately if your oak tree is declining or you observe flaking bark on your tree!
- Dutch Elm Disease: Texas elm trees have been devastated by this deadly vascular pathogen for several decades. Dutch elm disease (DED) targets weak trees and all varieties of elms. Thinning foliage, dead branches and brittle, peeling bark indicate its invasion. DED causes the tree’s death in less than eight weeks; therefore, do not delay in contacting an arborist that treats sick trees when you observe these symptoms manifesting on your tree or you sense its health is lessening.
- Fireblight: There is no cure for this deadly bacterial pathogen. Fireblight is spread quickly via wind and rain in cool, spring Texas weather. This lethal tree disease targets fruit trees that produce pome (pit-centered) fruit. The infected tree will at first exhibit misshapen, unsightly foliage and dead branches. As the disease progresses the bark will blacken, become brittle and begin falling off the tree. Aggressive action must be taken quickly to halt this bacterial nemesis so call an experienced tree company immediately if you have a sick tree with bark falling.
What insects pests make tree bark fall off?
- Pine Bark Beetles: In Fort Worth pine bark beetle infestation is increasing rapidly, and ISA certified arborists, tree doctors and tree experts are on high alert! These beetles love Texas summer weather and target fir trees that are weak and vulnerable. The infested evergreen tree will first exhibit an overall unhealthy appearance and fading of the tree’s needles. Definitive indications of pine bark beetle infestation are pin-sized holes on the tree’s trunk and branches and flaking off of the tree’s bark. The infested tree cannot be saved once advanced symptoms become evident; therefore, call a tree doctor quickly when your tree’s health appears to be declining or you observe beetles on your tree or outdoor grounds.
- Wood Borers: These are the most destructive tree pests and they inflict irreparable damage to trees. Wood borers have become extremely prevalent in Fort Worth and the surrounding cities, as they infest many popular tree varieties. In the beginning stages of wood borer infestation the tree will manifest premature defoliation, wilted foliage and dead, broken branches. D-shaped marks and brittle bark falling will occur as their infestation increases. Left untreated, they will destroy your tree quickly. Contact an arbor care professional immediately if you observe that your tree is exhibiting these symptoms.
When is it okay for the bark to fall off trees?
- TREE VARIETIES: There are numerous tree varieties that naturally shed their bark in peeling strips or large chunks. Some bark-shedding trees include redbud, birch, sycamore and silver maple. Call a tree care specialist if you are in question as to whether your tree naturally sheds its bark.
- NATURAL TREE GROWTH PROCESS:As trees grow larger, they naturally shed their bark. This is a normal tree growth process and there is no reason to be concerned.
How can I find out what is causing the bark to fall off?
Always contact the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas and schedule a complimentary consultation with a tree expert. The experienced plant pathologist will then evaluate the health of your tree and provide a diagnosis report. If it is determined that the tree in question has a serious tree disease or insect infestation then the tree doctor will administer the treatment needed and see to it that the health of your tree is restored.
My evergreen tree is turning brown? What is causing this?
There are numerous diseases that are common in the Fort Worth area that infect evergreen trees. Below are two of the most dangerous fir tree diseases that tree care professionals frequently encounter.
- Seiridium Canker: With Leyland cypress being its host tree of choice, this lethal fungal pathogen targets numerous varieties of arborvitae that are mature and have suffered stress and wounds. Leyland cypress trees are prevalent throughout Fort Worth and the DFW metroplex and are often planted to create privacy areas. This deadly fungal nemesis spreads quickly by means of wind, splashing rain and water run-off. The infected tree will exhibit random brown branches strewn throughout green branches within the same tree. Arbor care experts call this visibly odd symptom “flagging”. Due to the fact that a tree will die from seiridium canker quickly, it is of utmost importance to contact an arborist that treats sick trees promptly if you notice brown branches on your evergreen tree.
- Pine Tip Blight: Tree care professionals in our area are aggressively battling this lethal fungal pathogen, as its spread is increasing rapidly throughout Fort Worth. It infects a vast assortment of fir tree varieties that are popular here in north Texas and targets mature trees that have suffered wounds and abrasions. New needle growth is stunted, turns brown and dies. Symptoms begin manifesting on the lower branches of the fir and proceed upward. Branches falling and tiny black specks on needles and pine cones develop as the disease progresses. If treatment is not administered quickly then the tree will be destroyed; therefore, contact a tree doctor immediately when you observe these destructive symptoms.
How do I know if my evergreen tree has A disease?
The experienced plant pathologist will assess the health status of your evergreen tree and complete a diagnosis report. The treatment needed will be administered by the tree care specialist in order to restore your tree’s health and vitality.
What can be done to eliminate the disease and keep my evergreen tree healthy?
Guarding the health of your trees is always the best means of disease prevention. The following are ways to eliminate evergreen diseases and protect the health of your fir trees.
- Remove Dead or Severely Diseased Trees: Ground debris, stumps and dead or severely diseased trees must be immediately removed carefully by an experienced tree removal service. This will eliminate the spores from your outdoor habitat and prevent destructive evergreen tree diseases from spreading throughout your outdoor residential grounds.
- Avoid Unintentional Wounding: Many lethal tree diseases invade trees that have been stressed, weakened and wounded. Wounds and abrasions can accidentally inflict trees by means of mowers, weed trimmers and shovels. The regular care of your residential outdoor habitat and your trees and plants should be entrusted to an experienced tree company. They will ensure that your trees do not suffer unintentional wounds from regular maintenance care procedures.
- Regularly-Scheduled Tree Pruning: Branches that are brown and infected must be pruned by a tree pruning service in order to prevent the disease from infiltrating the tree’s structure. Regularly-scheduled pruning will make certain that tree branches receive the adequate sunlight and air circulation that they require.
- Controlled Watering: Sprinkler systems that spray upward often leave excess water on tree foliage and throughout the outdoor environment. Fungal pathogens thrive in water and spread rapidly. Watering by means of soil drenching overseen and administered by an arbor care specialist will ensure that your trees receive the water they require and that there is no excess water and soil moisture present.
- Deep Root Fertilization: Many homeowners make the mistake of assuming that topical lawn fertilizer is adequate for their trees. It is not! With deep root fertilization, a highly-trained tree expert injects under pressure the specific nutrients the tree requires directly into its root zone. Soil aeration occurs from the injected oxygen and soil compaction is corrected. This important tree health care treatment increases the tree’s immunity and when administered annually the tree will be 95% more disease-resistant and develop a strong root structure.
- Continual Tree Health Care Maintenance Plan: Your trees are valuable investments and guarding their health is of prime importance. Healthy trees add beauty throughout your residential outdoor environment, provide relaxing shaded areas and increase your property value. The best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas will customize a continual tree and plant health care plan specifically for you. Arbor care professionals will see to it that your residential grounds always make you proud and that your trees remain in the best of health.
My oak tree isn’t looking very good. What can be wrong with it?
Your oak tree has most likely been subjected to stressful conditions and has become weak and vulnerable to infectious diseases. Even healthy trees can become weak when they have undergone stress caused by construction activities, turbulent weather or drought-like conditions. Entrusting the care of your trees and residential outdoor habitat to an experienced tree company is the best way to protect your prized trees from the damage that stressful circumstances can cause.
Are there serious tree diseases that can make my oak tree sick?
Yes, ISA certified arborists, tree doctors and tree experts are continuously encountering and battling the destructive oak tree diseases that are prevalent throughout Fort Worth. The following are some of the most serious tree ailments that infect oak trees throughout our neighborhoods.
- Oak Wilt: This lethal fungal pathogen is annihilating oak trees throughout the United States in staggering proportions and it has killed millions of oak trees in Texas alone. Statuesque Shumard red oaks are its host tree of choice; however, no oak variety is immune to its destruction. Oak wilt prevents the tree from properly distributing water and nutrients to its branches and foliage. Premature defoliation is an early indication of oak wilt infection. Oak wilt will kill the tree within several months after symptoms manifest. It is extremely important to contact an arborist that treats sick trees immediately if you observe your oak tree is declining in health!
- Hypoxylon Canker: Targeting oak trees that are stressed and weak, this lethal fungal disease is spreading swiftly through Fort Worth neighborhoods. In the early stages of infection the tree will exhibit thinning foliage, yellowing leaves and bark falling. As the disease progresses the tree will become a danger to human life and property. Once severe symptoms of hypoxylon canker become evident then the tree will die quickly. The best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas must be contacted promptly when you first observe or sense that your valuable oak tree’s health is failing!
- Sudden Oak Death: Many homeowners in Fort Worth and the surrounding cities are losing their high-value oak trees to this lethal water mold pathogen and ISA certified arborists and tree experts are on high alert! This destructive organism thrives in wet spring weather as is typical in early spring here in Texas and it is spread swiftly via wind and rain. Premature defoliation and branches falling are early symptoms and as the disease progresses the tree will develop bark falling and canker wounds. Once advanced symptoms become obvious then it is often too late to save the tree. There is no cure for this oak tree destroyer; therefore, do not delay in contacting an experienced arbor care professional when you observe your prized oak tree is not looking well and healthy!
What can I do to improve my oak tree’s health?
Your valuable oak trees greatly enhance your residential grounds, provide cool shaded areas for relaxation and increase your property value tremendously. It is best to enlist the services of an experienced tree company who will personalize a continual tree health maintenance program exclusively for you. Their tree experts will ensure that your outdoor grounds and trees always remain in the best of health and you will be eliminated of the worry or expense of combating destructive tree diseases.
My trees look great and I want to make sure they stay that way. What can I do to protect their health?
Your trees are a valuable investment and the older your trees become, the more they increase in value. Healthy trees are not only statements within your outdoor residential environment but they increase the value of your property tremendously. Some of the following are what homeowners can do to guard the health of their trees.
- Entrust the care of your trees and plants to an experienced tree company: An experienced tree company has many years of experience and the extensive knowledge necessary to ensure that your trees remain healthy and strong. When protecting investments that are as valuable as your trees it is necessary to work with the best arborist in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Enact an ongoing tree and plant health care maintenance program: Every person’s residence is unique. An arbor care professional will customize the continual tree and plant health program and outline a continual plan of action to ensure that your trees always remain healthy and free from destructive tree diseases and insect infestations.
- Regular Pruning: Tree foliage needs adequate sunlight and air circulation to thrive. Regularly-scheduled tree pruning by a tree pruning service ensures that your trees receive the sunlight they require.
- Avoid Unintentional Wounding: Many tree diseases and tree pests invade trees through wounds. Trees can be wounded unintentionally by mowers, weed trimmers or shovels. Always entrust the regular care of your outdoor residential grounds to a professional tree care service who will see to it that your trees do not incur wounds that make your trees susceptible to destructive pathogens.
Are there treatments that will protect my trees and boost their health?
Yes! There are many tree health care treatments which tree experts administer that will greatly increase the health and disease-resistance of your prized trees. The following treatments are amongst those that we strongly recommend.
- DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION: The proper fertilization of your trees is of key importance! A highly-specialized tree expert will determine the specific liquid minerals and nutrients your tree requires and inject them under pressure directly into the tree’s root zone. Homeowners often think that topical lawn fertilizer is adequate for their trees; however, that is not the case. The injected oxygen also eliminates damaging soil compaction. Trees that receive this valuable treatment annually are 95% less apt to develop diseases and they will produce a strong root structure.
- TREE HEALTH ASSESSMENT: The ISA certified arborist closely examines the tree and determines if it is weak and vulnerable to tree diseases. The specific nutrients the tree requires to remain healthy will be determined and a tree evaluation report will be completed, enabling the arbor care professional to ensure the health of your tree is always protected.
- TREE GROWTH REGULATORS: Fast-growing and tall, mature trees require substantial root systems to support their structure. Tree growth regulators increase the root density and disease-resistance of trees. This important treatment lasts for five years and also increases the tree’s ability to withstand severe weather changes as is typical in Texas.
- SOIL AERATION: Compacted soil resulting from construction projects or high foot-traffic can greatly inhibit proper root growth. Soil aeration administered by an arbor care professional will ensure the tree’s root system is free to grow abundantly and that the trees and plants within your outdoor grounds receive the proper oxygen they require in order to be in optimum health.
My trees are not looking well. How do I know if they are sick?
When the appearance of your trees seems to be declining, they are most likely sick. The best way to know for certain if your trees are ailing is to contact an experienced tree company promptly. Most homeowners do not know how to tell if their trees are sick, so you are not alone. The arbor care company has ISA certified arborists, tree doctors and tree care specialists who are able to assess the health status of your trees. With their extensive knowledge, experience and their adherence to the high standards of excellence that the International Society of Arboriculture requires, you can rest assured that your trees will receive the finest care.
What are signs of sickness in trees?
There are numerous indications of sickness that trees manifest depending upon the tree’s variety. Different tree diseases will cause different visible symptoms. However, the following are common signs that sick trees normally reveal:
- Premature Defoliation: Are your trees losing their leaves frequently? Does it seem strange that leaves are falling from your trees and it’s not appropriate with the season? When trees shed their leaves excessively or at the inappropriate time of year then they have a tree disease. Do not delay in contacting a tree expert when you observe frequent or early leaf shedding.
- Branches falling & Dead Branches: Robust trees will have flexible branches that do not snap when bent. Although severe storms may break tree branches, normally when bare branches fall from the tree or you notice dead branches on your residential grounds then your trees are sick.
- Peeling Bark: Strong bark with even coverage along the trunk are indications of a healthy tree. If you observe peeling, flaking, chipping or bare areas on tree bark then the tree is diseased.
- Yellowing, Browning or Dark Spots on Leaves: Healthy trees will have blemish-free leaves and be the appropriate color for their variety. Yellow or brown leaves, as well as leaves that look as if they’ve been burned, are definite indications your tree is sick. Unsightly dark or black spots are symptoms of a common tree sickness. An arborist that treats sick trees should be contacted immediately.
- Thinning Appearance: A strong healthy tree should have a lush, thick canopy with no bare areas. Trees that are weak and declining will have an overall thinning appearance.
- Excessive Water and Moisture at the Tree’s Base: If you observe areas within your grounds where water is always standing or the soil seems to be excessively moist then there’s a great chance that your trees may have damaged or decayed roots. Many fungal-based tree diseases thrive in moisture so it’s of utmost importance to contact a tree doctor.
What can I do to improve the appearance and health of my trees?
With tree sickness, early diagnosis and treatment is extremely important. Many tree diseases cause irreparable damage and can even eventually kill the tree. The sooner that treatment is administered then the least amount of destruction from the disease will result. After the necessary treatment is administered by a tree care specialist then there are many proactive ways to protect the health of your trees. Remember, your trees are valuable assets. Restoring and maintaining their health is extremely important.
- DEEP ROOT FERTILIZATION: This very important treatment is administered by a highly-trained tree experts after determining the specific minerals and nutrients that the tree requires. Trees do not receive adequate nutrition from topical lawn fertilizer applications. The tree expert injects under pressure the liquid nutrients directly into the tree’s root zone. The injected oxygen also aerates the soil and eliminates soil compaction and the damage that it can cause. Trees that receive this key treatment annually are 95% less likely to become sick and also maintain a strong root structure.
- REGULAR TREE PRUNING: Overcrowded tree branches prevent adequate sunlight from reaching the tree and prevent sufficient air flow. Regularly-scheduled pruning by a tree pruning service corrects these issues and helps maintain the health and vitality of your trees.
- PREVENT WOUNDS: Tree sicknesses tend to target trees that have been wounded and damaged. Accidental wounding can occur from regular lawn maintenance such as the use of weed trimmers and shovels. Construction projects within the grounds can cause tree damage also. Always entrust the care of your outdoor residential grounds to a professional arbor care company who will ensure that tree wounding does not occur.
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT: If you observe or suspect that your tree may be sick, contact an arborist that treats sick trees immediately. With tree sicknesses, the sooner treatment is administered then the least amount of damage will be caused to the tree.
- TREE HEALTH ASSESSMENT: This valuable treatment is important to maintain the health of your trees and to learn if your trees are declining. The trees are thoroughly examined by an ISA certified arborist who then completes a tree evaluation report. If the tree is weak and vulnerable to tree sicknesses then the certified arborist will see to it that tree sickness is prevented. The nutrients the tree requires to be in the best of health will be determined by the tree expert and aid you in preventing tree ailments.
- CONTROLLED WATERING: Some watering methods such as sprinklers cause too much moisture on foliage or habitat grounds which invites fungal diseases. Controlled watering by soil drenching or soaker hoses directed by an arbor care professional ensures your trees receive the correct amount of water and that tree sicknesses do not occur.
What are Borer Insects?
Borer insects are some of the most deadly insects that can infest your tree. They can seriously damage the tree’s health and ultimately kill the tree. Borer insects are more difficult to diagnose because once they enter the tree their destruction is within the tree’s inner core. These insects eat the tree’s tissue and plant cells that disperse nutrients and water throughout the tree’s vascular structure. Tree care specialists agree that there is no time to waste when borer activity is suspected. Early symptoms are an overall unhealthy appearance to the tree, a thinning canopy and holes in the trunk and branches where they originally made entrance.
Are Borer Insects common in Fort Worth?
Unfortunately, there are a number of borer insects that are prevalent in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Clearwing moths and flathead beetles target fruit trees, shrubs and shade tree varieties. Large black and cream cottonwood beetles prefer cottonwood trees but also will invade poplar and willow. The lethal green emerald ash borer has destroyed over 200 million ash trees in the United States and will destroy yours if their infestation progresses. Tree doctors and ISA certified arborists are regularly encountering this dreaded pests and administering treatment to eliminate them.
How can I protect my tree from Borer Insects?
Ensuring your trees remain in the best of health is the proactive way to guard against borer insects. Important treatments such as deep root fertilization increase your tree’s disease and insect resistance. Proper watering methods like soil drenching aid in benefitting the tree’s health. Guard the tree from avoidable wounding due to lawn care tools or aggressive activities within the tree’s vicinity. Trees can become stressed and weak from severe weather conditions or compacted soil, so always enlist the professional expertise of a tree care specialist who will provide you with the advice and means to make certain that your tree’s resistance is heightened.
What can be done to eliminate Borer Insects?
Regular pruning by a tree trimming service with sanitized tools eliminates borer eggs in bark crevices. Severely infested or dead trees, dead branches and ground debris must be removed and destroyed by an experienced tree company. If infestation is in the early stages of advancement then insecticide treatments such as trunk injections administered by an arborist who treats sick trees are frequently successful. Borer insects reproduce rapidly and are severely destructive; therefore, contact an arbor care professional when you first observe insects near your tree or sense that its vitality is lessening.
Are there benefits to keeping my trees healthy?
Your trees are prized assets! Protecting their health is of prime importance. Healthy, majestic trees are highlights within your outdoor residential area while providing cooling shade and positively affecting your property value. The dreaded costs of dead tree removal, combating serious tree diseases and insect infestations and removing dead branches strewn throughout your outdoor grounds causes stress, worry and is never a beneficial expense. It is of the utmost importance to work with an experienced tree company to ensure that your beautiful investments remain well and protected.
What are signs of A healthy tree?
Healthy trees always exhibit positive indications that they are free from ailment and are strong and robust. Specific signs vary according to the tree’s variety but in general, the following are some common indications that the tree is healthy:
- Strong Bark:Tree bark should be solid and unable to be easily peeled away. Bark falling, chipping, flaking and peeling are all indicative that the tree is declining.
- Undamaged Leaves: Healthy foliage should be free from blotches, spots and unsightly blemishes.
- Appropriate Color:Depending upon the tree’s variety, its color should be appropriate and the foliage color change should be conducive to the time of year.
- Thick Foliage: A healthy tree will have a full, lush canopy. There will be no wilted leaves or premature defoliation occurring.
- New Growth: Trees with robust health and vitality will have new growth annually. Depending upon the tree’s variety, new buds, blossoms, branches and fruit should be evident.
- Flexible Branches: Healthy branches should always be pliable and never snap or break when bended.
What can I do to protect the health of my trees?
A Fort Worth arbor care professional has the extensive knowledge and experience necessary to protect the health of trees common throughout the DFW metroplex. It is always advisable to work with a tree expert and request a personalized continual tree health maintenance plan designed for you and your unique outdoor grounds. Tree care specialists and ISA certified arborists provide important tree health treatments to protect your trees. They are well-able to advise and provide the protection that your trees require and that you desire. Below are some of the important health treatments and proactive measures to ensure the health of your trees is protected:
- Tree Health Assessment: Damaging ailments are prevented by an ISA certified arborist evaluating the tree’s nutritional needs and making certain the tree receives the nutrients it requires.
- Deep Root Fertilization: Trees that receive this extremely important treatment annually are 95% less apt to become invaded by destructive pathogens. A tree expert injects under pressure the liquid minerals and nutrients the tree needs directly into its root zone. Compacted soil is corrected by soil aeration that occurs from the injected oxygen. The tree’s vitality is escalated and its root structure is revitalized and remains strong.
- Protect Tree From Wounding: Wounded trees are vulnerable to invasion by disease and insect pests. Frequently, wounds occur accidentally by regular lawn and habitat ground maintenance. Weed trimmers and shovels can cause small wounds that often go unnoticed. It is always best to entrust the care of your residential grounds to an arbor care company.
- Root Pruning: Trees planted in containers or in small spaces often grow too large for the space they’re in and develop curled roots. Their roots can evolve into girdled roots which constrict the trunk and cause serious tree damage and even death to the tree. Root pruning prevents this from occurring and ensures the tree will remain healthy and not develop stunted tree growth.
- Tree Growth Regulators: Mature, tall and fast-growing trees need strong root structures to support their stature. This treatment increases root density and the tree’s resistance to diseases.
- Tree Pruning: Regularly-scheduled tree pruning by a tree pruning company that uses sanitized tools eliminates wounded and damaged branches and ensures the tree receives adequate sunlight and prevents over-crowding.